Bird Watching Experience
Enjoy an early morning walk around Walkers Reserve as you identify the various birds on site. Our knowledgeable tour guide will lead you to the most popular bird spotting areas, using our scope to enhance your view and identification charts to assist you in putting a name to the birds you observe.
Our two 12 acre lakes have become home to numerous aviary species and with Barbados being the most easterly island in the Caribbean, migratory birds are sure to pass by during the migratory season. We also have the beautiful Long Pond Estuary and the Ocean close by which attract a variety of shorebirds.
In need of binoculars? You can rent a pair to enhance your experience.
Scheduling of Tours
The early bird catches the worm, we offer 6:45 am – 9:15 am tours on Tuesday and Sunday.
- US$35 per Adult
- US$20 Ages 3-12
- US$5 Binocular rental
- Under 3 Free
What To Bring
Walkers Reserve is a natural outdoor space. We recommend that you bring the items listed below for your safety and comfort.
- Insect repellent
- Wear enclosed shoes
- Umbrella in the event of rain
- Any important medications
- The tours are weather dependent. Should your tour fall on a very rainy day, we will contact you 12-2 hours prior to reschedule or cancel.
- Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 5 persons. Should we receive less than 10 bookings on any given day, we will contact you to reschedule or cancel.
- All participants must sign a waiver prior to the tour which ensures that you understand any risks associated with the tour.
- This tour is not recommended for people with restricted mobility.
Let’s all preserve our beautiful environment by going zero waste and leaving no trace!
- Bring your reusable water bottle that you can refill on site.
- We encourage you to leave all single-use items at home or in your car; you can pack snacks, hygiene products and everything else you’ll need in reusable containers or bags.
- Leave no trace by using our bins; no littering please!