East Coast Eco Experience
Reconnect with nature as you immerse yourself in the wonders of Walkers Reserve and Coco Hill Forest located within the unique Scotland District of Barbados.
Arrive at Walkers Reserve where you will enjoy some refreshments before your walk. Our knowledgeable tour guide will lead you along the wetlands of Walkers Reserve as you learn about the transformation of Walkers Sand Quarry to a Reserve as well as the wealth of flora and fauna that is protected on site.
Afterwards, you will be taken to Coco Hill Forest, a lucious tropical forest where a guide will lead you through the hilly terrain as you learn about the agroforestry practices while admiring the beautiful views. This tour will be followed by light refreshments.
Scheduling of Tours
We offer tours on Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30 am – 12:45 pm.
- East Coast Experience without hotel shuttle: US $85 per adult; US $49 per child
- East Coast Experience with hotel shuttle: US $135 per adult; US $100 per child
- Under 3 Free
What To Bring
Walkers Reserve is a natural outdoor space. We recommend that you bring the items listed below for your safety and comfort.
- Insect repellent
- Wear enclosed shoes
- Umbrella in the event of rain
- Any important medications
- The tours are weather dependent. Should your tour fall on a very rainy day, we will contact you 12-2 hours prior to reschedule or cancel.
- Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 5 persons. Should we receive less than 10 bookings on any given day, we will contact you to reschedule or cancel.
- All participants must sign a waiver prior to the tour which ensures that you understand any risks associated with the tour.
- This tour is not recommended for people with restricted mobility.
Let’s all preserve our beautiful environment by going zero waste and leaving no trace!
- Bring your reusable water bottle that you can refill on site.
- We encourage you to leave all single-use items at home or in your car; you can pack snacks, hygiene products and everything else you’ll need in reusable containers or bags.
- Leave no trace by using our bins; no littering please!