Walkers Reserve is located in a geologically discrete region of Barbados known as the Scotland District.
A professional tour guide will walk you through many areas of the site and will educate you on various aspects of this beautiful and wondrous location.
Topics covered will include; permaculture, aquatic systems, mangroves/floodplain dynamics, estuary systems, coastal processes and dune dynamics and the importance for coastal protection.
We use environmental classroom principles to enhance critical and creative thinking skills, build awareness for responsible environmental action, encourage healthy lifestyles, heighten imagination and enthusiasm, support tolerance and understanding, empower students, teachers and parents and strengthen communities.
Scheduling of Tours
Our educational centre can be booked from 10:00 am – 11:00/11:30 am on Wednesdays.
- US$6 per student
- Additional chaperones US$6
For every 10 students one chaperone free.
What To Bring
Walkers Reserve is a natural outdoor space. We recommend that you bring the items listed below for your safety and comfort.
- Insect repellent
- Wear enclosed shoes
- Umbrella in the event of rain
- Any important medications
- The tours are weather dependent. Should your tour fall on a very rainy day, we will contact you 12-2 hours prior to reschedule or cancel.
- Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 30 persons and a maximum of 40.
- As per COVID-19 protocols, social distancing on all tours is required. Masks must be worn indoors or within 6 feet of persons outside of your party.
- All participants must sign a waiver prior to the tour which ensures that you understand any risks associated with the tour.
Let’s all preserve our beautiful environment by going zero waste and leaving no trace!
- Bring your reusable water bottle that you can refill on site.
- We encourage you to leave all single-use items at home or in your car; you can pack snacks, hygiene products and everything else you’ll need in reusable containers or bags.
- Leave no trace by using our bins; no littering please!