The Walkers Institute for Regenerative Research and Design (WIRRED) was born out of the restoration of Walkers Sand Quarry. For more than 50 years, the McNeel family provided an abundance of silica sand to the nation of Barbados while managing to steward and protect one of the largest native beach-side forests on the island. Since 1968 the quarry’s extracted silica sand has been used in nearly every building project across Barbados. But as the construction industry exhausts the sand supply, a new story is emerging — one of biodiversity, ecological health, and regeneration.
Reconnect with nature as you immerse yourself in the wonders of Walkers Reserve, one of the most unique destinations in Barbados. Our knowledgeable and enthusiastic tour guide will lead you along various paths, pausing on the journey to observe the wealth of flora and fauna that is protected on site. Learn about the regeneration of Walkers Sand Quarry and its transformation into Walkers Reserve while you experience breathtaking views that can only be seen from the east coast of the island.
What to Bring
● Wear enclosed shoes
● Umbrella in the event of rain
What you should know
● Tours are weather dependent. Should your tour fall on a rainy day, we will contact you 12-2 hours prior to the tour to reschedule or cancel.
● Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 10 persons. Should we receive less than 10 bookings, we will contact you to reschedule or cancel.
● As per COVID-19 protocols, social distancing on all tours is required. Masks must be worn indoors or within 6 feet of persons outside of your party.
● All participants must sign a waiver prior to the tour which ensures that you understand any risks associated with the tour.
● This tour is not recommended for people with restricted mobility.
Phone: 622 4097 / 250 9752
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Cancellation & Refund
Cancellations done more than 48 hours prior to the tour, will be fully refunded or can become credit when paying for another tour product. Cancellations made 48 hours or less before the tour will not be refunded or credited.
With regards to refunds, once the request is received and verified, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your request. We will then notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund within 15 days of receiving your request.
If your request meets our “Refund Conditions”, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card, or a wire transfer will be forwarded within 15 days.
Late or Missing Refunds
If you have not received a refund within 30 days, first double-check your bank account online. If the refund is still outstanding, you should contact your credit card company. It may take some time before the refund is officially posted on your account. Next contact your bank.
If you have done all of this and you still have not received your refund, please contact us at email@example.com.